The YRICHEN Canarian Foundation is a non-profit, non-partisan and non-denominational organization whose purpose is the care and insertion of people in social exclusion especially derived from drug addiction.
YRICHEN means spike, hope ... and it was the name that was given to this NGO of drug addiction sustained on the basis of volunteering, known in its beginnings in 1989 as Centro Yrichen and that arises from a solidary option in the neighborhood of La Pardilla , municipality of Telde (Gran Canaria).
He is of Spanish nationality, develops his activities in the scope of the Autonomous Community of the Canary Islands and of a preferential form in Gran Canaria, in the Municipality of Telde and Municipalities of the region. Being the only resource for this purpose in the municipality. All of its actions have been framed within the guidelines promoted by the National Plan and Plan Canaro on Drugs. In recognition of his work in 1996 he was awarded the First Queen Sofia Award of the C.R.E.F.A.T to Social Work and in 2004 the Canary Islands Prize for Altruistic and Solidarity Actions
Account with the facilities yielded by agreement by the M.I. City Council of Telde, in the street Sor Carmen Peña Pulido without number of the neighborhood of La Pardilla.
• Registered in the Register of Canary Islands Foundations with the number 177.
• Entity accredited by the Ministry of Health, Directorate General of Attention to Drug Addiction, as a resource within the public network of attention to drug addiction in the Autonomous Community of the Canary Islands.
• Accredited entity Ministry of Culture, Sports, Social Policies and Housing of the Government of the Canary Islands, Directorate of Social Policies of the Government of the Canary Islands, as a volunteer entity
• Entity registered within the Ministry of Culture, Sports, Social Policies and Housing of the Government of the Canary Islands, Directorate of Social Policies of the. as a collaborating entity in the provision of social services.
• Entity member of the U.N.A.D. (Spanish Union of Associations of Attention to Drug Addiction).
In the Canary YRICHEN Foundation, an average of 700 people are approached each year who come in demand for treatment due to their difficulty in overcoming their problem with drugs.
Personalized itineraries or pathways of treatment are elaborated, according to the situation of the plaintiff, to answer in the different vital fields: the personal, the familiar, the social and the educative-labor training ..., making use of the different services or modalities of treatment that are available.
As in the words expressed by the President (volunteer and founder of Yrichen) on a table:
The treatment requires, like the table, four legs: A person who wants to overcome their problem. A family (friends, environment ...) that supports you. A team of professionals to help you in your process of change. And a society that allows you to reinsert yourself ... When one of them fails, the others have to support more weight.
That is why the effort in each of them is important and have tools to work with them.
This makes it possible to travel through an itenerary or another, with different tools or services, adapted as best as possible to what each person requires.
The Epic Gran Canaria´s objective is to deliver an unparalleled 'professional' experience for amateur cyclists. This means not only delivering first class hospitality and event management, but all the key ingredients that make up the culture and experience of professional road racing.